Ronald G. Harris is Chief Administrator at Neal & Harwell, PLC. His principal area of practice is civil litigation, with a substantial part of his practice devoted to commercial and business disputes.
Ron has over forty years of trial experience, having appeared in numerous federal and state courts. His litigation experience includes libel and defamation cases, product liability matters, bad faith and other insurance coverage cases, business torts, non-competition litigation, contractual disputes, construction disputes and employment issues. Ron is recognized by Best Lawyers® 2022 for First Amendment Law. Through his years of representing media members and private citizens, he has been a zealous advocate for First Amendment freedoms.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Bar Association – Fellow
- Tennessee Bar Association – Communications Law Section, Chair 2019-2021
- Nashville Bar Association – Fellow
- Westminster Presbyterian Church – Elder and Clerk of the Session
- Westminster Home Connection – Board of Directors
- Habitat for Humanity – Volunteer
- Room In The Inn – Volunteer
- Vanderbilt University Law School, 1977, J.D.; Order of the Coif, Associate Editor of the Vanderbilt Law Review
- University of Arkansas, 1974, B.A., Political Science