Nathan Sanders is a Neal & Harwell attorney whose practice focuses on appellate matters, a broad array of civil litigation disputes, and white-collar criminal cases. He is recognized by Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America 2023 for Appellate Practice, Commercial Litigation and Litigation - Securities. Nathan also devotes a substantial portion of his practice to pro bono matters and has been recognized multiple times as an Attorney for Justice by the Tennessee Supreme Court.
Prior to joining Neal & Harwell, Nathan was an associate with Simpson Thacher & Bartlett in New York, where he assisted with commercial and securities litigation disputes. Nathan earned his J.D. and graduated Order of the Coif from Vanderbilt University Law School. After law school, he served as a law clerk for the Honorable Karen LeCraft Henderson of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.
Nathan is an active member of the Phoenix Club of Nashville, a non-profit organization focused on improving the lives of underserved youth in Middle Tennessee. He is originally from Nashville and his wife, Rachel, is the co-founder of a start-up company based in the city.
- Successfully briefed and argued appeals in state and federal appellate courts on behalf of a diverse array of clients.
- Representation of relators and defendants in lawsuits and investigations alleging violations of the False Claims Act, 31 U.S.C. § 3729, et seq., including representation of relator in qui tam action resulting in $63.5M settlement for the Government.
- Representation of employers and employees in matters alleging wrongful termination and breach of restrictive covenants.
- Member of defense team in numerous securities and commercial litigation disputes, including matters brought by the Securities and Exchange Commission and other federal agencies.
- Pro bono counsel in immigration, housing court, family law, and resentencing matters.