Callie Hinson is a graduate of Belmont University College of Law. Her practice focuses on domestic law including, but not limited to, divorce, child custody, child support, prenuptial agreements, and adoptions. Callie also has experience in insurance defense, premises liability, appeals and contract disputes.
During law school, Callie served under Judge Phillip Robinson in the Third Circuit Court for Davidson County, Tennessee. She also worked with the Tennessee Attorney General’s Office and the Tennessee Court of Criminal Appeals. She devoted a substantial portion of her time to pro bono matters and was a member of the Legal Aid Society. For the past several years, Callie has been named an Attorney for Justice for dedicating over 50 hours of pro bono service.
Callie currently serves, or has previously served, on the board of the Lawyers’ Association for Women Marion Griffin Chapter, Nashville Bar Association Young Lawyers Division and the Young Leaders Board of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee. She is also a member of Harry Phillips American Inn of Court.
Callie graduated magna cum laude from the University of Tennessee Knoxville. Her interests include UT sports, golfing and enjoying outdoor activities with her dog, Rosie.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Tennessee Bar Association – Member
- Nashville Bar Association – Member
- Lawyers’ Association for Women Marion Griffin Chapter – Board Member
- Tennessee Lawyers’ Association for Women – 2020 Secretary
- Harry Phillips American Inn of Court
- Nashville Bar Association Young Lawyers Division – Executive Board Member, Treasurer
- National Association of Women Judges – Host Committee
- Legal Aid Society Campaign for Justice – Fundraising Committee
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee – Former Young Leaders Board
- Vanderbilt University Chi Omega Fraternity – Former Advisor
- 2019-2021 Attorney for Justice
- 2021-2023 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch – Family Law
- Belmont University College of Law, 2014, J.D.
- University of Tennessee at Knoxville, 2011, B.A. magna cum laude