Trey Harwell is a Member of Neal & Harwell, PLC. His principal areas of practice are complex civil litigation, white-collar criminal defense, and crisis management. He has conducted numerous independent investigations on behalf of individual and corporate clients throughout the United States. Trey is able to coordinate a unique blend of strategy and legal expertise, which results in a comprehensive understanding of how to mitigate, to the highest degree possible, any damage to the client. He has been able to defend major and complex civil cases for diverse clients, from individuals who have been treated unfairly to the largest corporations in need of representation.
Trey received a B.A. from Vanderbilt University and J.D. from Vanderbilt Law School. Before joining Neal & Harwell, he served as a law clerk to the Honorable Thomas A. Wiseman, Jr. Trey has received several legal recognitions including Best Lawyers® for Commercial Litigation and “Best of the Bar” by the Nashville Business Journal. He also maintains an AV Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating.
Trey’s service extends beyond the law firm, as he is involved in a number of civic and professional organizations. He is the Past Chair of the Board of Commissioners for the Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority. He also served as Co-Chair for the Nashville Association of Women Judges Friends Committee and is a Board Member for the Nashville Downtown Partnership. Trey is an Eagle Scout and actively involved with the Boys Scouts of America at local and national levels.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Bar Association – Fellow
- Tennessee Bar Association – Fellow
- Nashville Bar Association – Fellow & Past President
- Litigation Counsel of America, The Trial Lawyer Honorary Society – Senior Fellow
- Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee and the Cumberlands – 2016 Chair of the Campaign for Equal Justice
- Nashville Bar Association Young Lawyers Division – Fellow & Past President
- Tennessee Board of Professional Responsibility, District V – Past Hearing Committee Member
- Harry Phillips Inn of Court – Past Member
- Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority Board – Past Chairman
- Vanderbilt University Law School – Board of Advisors
- Boy Scouts of America, Middle District Council of Tennessee – Southern Regional Board Member
- Northern Tier High Adventure – Board Member & Base Committee Member
- Nashville Downtown Partnership – Board Member
- Rotary Club of Nashville
- Friends of Warner Parks – Board Member
- National Association of Women Judges – Friends Committee Co-Chair
- Arthritis Foundation Middle Tennessee Chapter – Past Chairman
- Eagle Scout
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 – Commercial Litigation & Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D.
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., with honors